Kickstarting a business is one of the hardest things to do. This is especially true when finding high-quality products at reasonable prices. This is why we’ve compiled this list of the top 45 China wholesale markets to help grow your business.
You’re most likely wondering how Chinese wholesale markets assist in dropshipping.
Well, these markets are known to have high-quality products at mouth-watering prices. This lets you cut out the middleman and buy goods you wouldn’t find elsewhere. With low prices, your profit margins shoot up, making you earn more.
In this article, we share the most reliable China wholesale markets to visit for the best deals.
China Wholesale Markets for All Products
There are thousands of Chinese wholesale markets to visit, but not all offer the quality products you need. However, with this list of the 45 best China wholesale markets, you can get the right products to scale your business.
|Product Categories||Wholesale Markets|
|Clothes||1. Hangzhou evergreen clothing market
2. Guangzhou Shahe Clothing Market
3. Hangpai Boutique Costume Market
4. Xinhangpai Leisure Fushicheng
5. Guangzhou Baima clothing market
6. Guangzhou Thirteen Hongs of Canton
7. Huangyuan Clothing Market
8. Baohua Baima Costume Wholesale City
|Shoes||1. Guangzhou Metropolis Shoes City
2. Yiwu International Trade City, District 4
|Textile||1.China Textile Town|
|1. China Technology Hardware City
2. Shanghai Hardware City
3. Yiwu International Trade City, District 2
4. Yiwu Material Market
|Glasses||1. China Danyang Glasses City
2. Duqiao Zhejiang Glasses City
3. Yiwu International Trade City, District 3
|Electronic||1. HuaqiangBei Electronic World
2. Yiwu International Trade City, District 2
|1. Shiwan Shagang Ceramics Wholesale Market
2. Jingdezhen Ceramics Market
3. Chaozhou Ceramics Market
|Silk||1. Hangzhou Chinese Silk City
2. Eastern Silk Market China
3. China Textile Town
|1. Baoding Baigou Bags & Cases Trading Market
2. GuihuaGang Leather Bags Market
3. Yiwu International Trade City, District 2
4. Nantai Suitcases & Bags Wholesale Market
|Machinery & Accessories||1. Linyi Car & Motorcycle Fittings Town
2.Yiwu International Production Material Market
|1.Shuibei International Jewellery Exchange Center|
|Socks||1. Datang Stocking Industry Market
2. Yiwu International Trade City, District 4
|Stationery||1.Guangzhou Chaoyang stationery market|
|1. Wanling plaza
2. Shantou Chenghai Plastic City
3. Linyi Yongxin International Toy Profession Wholesale City
4. Jiuzhou Stationery Toy Wholesale Market
List of 11 China Wholesale Markets
We already gave you a list of the top 45 China wholesale markets for starting any business. But now we will look deeper into some of our best picks. This section discusses everything you need to know about them. This includes their specialities, locations, and even their notable features.
This will help you choose the right option, especially if you’re starting or scaling. Here are the top 11 Chinese wholesale markets and the opportunities they offer.
Yiwu International Trade City
First on our list is Yiwu International Trade City, an entire city dedicated to trade. The Yiwu Trade City is one of the largest wholesale markets in the world. It has five districts, each with its specialization.
District 1: You can get toys, jewelry, accessories, and art & crafts works.
District 2: This is where you can find bags & cases, umbrellas & rainwear. They also sell tools, hardware, locks, and other fittings. And some handle home appliances, electronics, watches, and clocks.
District 3: This Is where you can find Stationery and office products. They also sell sporting and travel goods and cosmetics & beauty products here.
District 4: This is where you come if you’re looking for clothes and underwear. They also sell other clothing accessories like gloves and hats.
District 5: And finally, this is where you’ll find bedding and curtains. DIY products and all sorts of fabric and textiles. You can also find car accessories here.
Shenzhen Huaqiangbei Electronic Market
Shenzhen Huaqiangbei Electronic market is the largest electronics market in China. It has over 20 shopping malls, expanding to over 70 million square meters. Huaqiangbei is the best place to visit if you need high-quality electronic products. Their unique 1-meter-wide selling stalls can hold a large variety of products. As you would expect of wholesalers, most items are sold in bulk, letting buyers buy a lot at lower prices.
They sell a wide range of products, from laptops to phones and accessories, as well as video cameras. They also sell phone cases, electronic gadgets, batteries, computer peripherals, and power banks. But it doesn’t end there. Let’s remember televisions, USB flashcards, brand Cameras, and even Robots. This market is a literal haven for tech geeks.
Beijing Tianyi Small Commodity Wholesale Market
Beijing Tianyi Market is the place to go when looking for inexpensive accessories. With roughly 1,550 booths spread across 20 business rooms, over 60,000 small items are sold here daily. It’s a great place to start if your dropshipping business offers small commodities.
They offer everything from fashion accessories to soft toys, electronics, and souvenirs. They also sell office, educational supplies, cosmetics, and phone accessories. They’ve got something for everyone.
Hangzhou Evergreen Clothing Market
The Hangzhou Evergreen Clothing Market is known to most as China’s second-largest clothing market. And as the name implies, they deal only in clothes.
Suppose you’re looking to start a clothing line or any business. The Hangzhou Evergreen Clothing Market is the place to go.
Guangzhou Shahe Clothing Market
The Guangzhou Shahe Clothing Market has three central locations, Fu Li, Wan Jia, and Jin Ma. Taking up a vast amount of space, these three structures make the Shahe market one of the most known markets in Guangzhou.
The Guangzhou Shahe Clothing Market, compared to most other clothing markets in China, is known for its low prices. If you’re looking for cheap clothes, this is your best choice.
In the Shahe market, you can find women’s clothes, jeans, hats, t-shirts and fashion accessories.
Guangzhou Baima Clothing Market
The Guangzhou Baima Clothing Market is close to manufacturers and 10 minutes away from the train station. This allows people from all around the world to find their way there.
The Baima Clothing Market, unlike most markets, concentrates on older women’s clothes. They sell high-end clothing at amazing prices.
Things you can get here:
- 1F, 4F, and 5F styles of women’s clothing
- Men’s t-shirts
Guangzhou Thirteen Hongs of Canton
The Guangzhou Thirteen Hongs of Canton is one of China’s oldest and most prominent markets, With roots dating back to the 1700s. The history of the Thirteen Hongs of Canton is vast, and so is their garment market,
The Guangzhou Thirteen Hongs of Canton has over 20,000 booths where you can find and buy different clothes. Everything from baby and children’s clothes to suits and women’s outfits is sold there. However, they mainly specialize more in women’s clothing these days.
Jingdezhen Ceramics Market
The Jingdezhen Ceramics Market is the largest-scale ceramic city in China. Visiting the ceramic market allows you to combine shopping with ancient architecture. You get to feed your eyes while building your business.
The pricing here is reasonable as the various sellers try to bring customers to their stores. This allows you to make good purchases increasing your profit margins. The market only deals in ceramics, so that’s all you can buy here. But you’d be shocked at some of these pieces’ level of detail.
Hangzhou Chinese Silk City
Hangzhou Chinese Silk City is the top producer and processor of silk. The silks they produce are of high quality and are wanted worldwide. This demand fills the market with eager customers daily. However, they only deal in silk clothes, items, accessories, and other silk-related crafts.
Eastern Silk Market China
The Eastern Silk Market is a well-known and famous silk market. It specializes in exquisite silk products that will leave your customers in awe, from luxurious silk fabrics in a rainbow of colours to embroidered silk garments.
This market has everything you need and more. It adds to the fact that it is world-renowned. The variety of goods that can be found here is second to none.
Guangzhou Metropolis Shoes City
The Guangzhou Metropolis Shoes City is the largest footwear wholesale market in Guangzhou. It is located near the train station and takes up over 22,000 square meters. It has over 800 independent shops that provide all kinds of shoes and footwear in every style worldwide. They are worth checking out.
Here’s what you can buy there:
- High-heeled shoes
Top 5 Chinese Wholesale E-Commerce Sources Platform
Below are some popular Chinese wholesale platforms you should check out if you want to start wholesaling:
1688 is an e-commerce website and a subsidiary of the Alibaba Holding Group. It only transacts with wholesalers and retailers in China as a domestic market.
1688 offers many products at a low bulk price that most e-commerce sites need to match. Chinese business owners buy in bulk and sell internationally on platforms like AliExpress. Since the forum is dedicated to China, most vendors only speak Chinese.
1688 is particularly significant because it has a low scam rate. Vendors must provide government licenses and pay an annual fee to be certified to operate. And as you guessed, only legit vendors will commit to the verification process to prove their authenticity.
In addition, purchases on this platform are in RMB. If you don’t have any RMB, you might have to directly contact a supplier to find out if they can receive foreign currencies.
Yuwigo.com is the official commerce website for the Yiwu market. It is a massive physical wholesale market located in China. It has thousands of products that cover your every business need.
They offer products like handbags and beauty equipment at low prices. In addition, shipping to warehouses is also at a reasonable cost. This is mainly because the market is situated near major shipping ports.
Yuwigo.com (the official website) was founded in October 2012. It helps buyers who want to buy from the Yiwu market but need help physically visiting it in China. Most Yuwigo vendors do not offer brand customization services. This is because most products sold are in stock and ready to ship. However, the variety of products available makes up for it.
Just like 1688, Yuwigo only takes payment in Renminbi (RMB). And yes, this is for the same reason. Since it is a domestic Chinese market, it only makes sense that payment is in the local currency.
This means that you might need a third-party agent to assist. An agent like Globallyfulfill will help you source the products directly. So you won’t need to communicate with the vendor or worry about payment methods.
AliExpress is a buyer to consumers (B2C) China e-commerce platform. In AliExpress, vendors, retailers, and consumers can communicate directly with others. It was launched in 2010 for manufacturers to sell directly to consumers. It is the retail subsidiary of Alibaba.com and doesn’t have a minimum order quantity.
Aliexpress is only for retailers. This means you might not find wholesalers with a large quantity of products for sale. However, most vendors offer massive discounts if you purchase in bulk.
Again, note that most vendors of Aliexpress do not have MOQ, but some suppliers have MOQ requirements; you must research in advance.
Most vendors offer free product shipping and many payment mediums. It has relatively fast shipping, and you get a full refund if there are any product issues.
Made-in-China is a buyer-to-buyer (B2B) wholesale website based in China. It serves as a connection between small Chinese business owners and international retailers. They have a variety of categories, from electronics to kitchen equipment to clothes.
Vendors must pay a membership fee to become verified on the platform. A verified account ensures customers that the supplier can be trusted. Made-in-China also gives you the option to visit the supplier’s factory. So when you have to order many goods, you can easily ensure you’re getting exactly what you see online.
It is important to note that the higher a supplier account (diamond, gold, or an audited supplier’s account), the more credible the store is. You have the choice of ordering a sample before ordering wholesale. The supplier will indicate how many products can be produced.
DHgate is a buyer-to-buyer (b2b) wholesale platform for retailers to procure products. And it comprises small businesses that sell varieties of products, not factories.
Most products sold at DHgate do not require a minimum order quantity. This means you can shop for individual items or dropship products to your customers. However, you must know that some of these products are gotten from small businesses. So you may have a different supply of the same product or be unavailable to supply goods.
DHgate is a good option to try out different types of products in small quantities. Remember that product quality varies, so you must connect with a good, reviewed supplier. DHgate takes care of solving tracking and product quality disputes. They handle refunding if need be.
What Are the Differences Between Online and Offline Wholesale Markets in China?
Online wholesale markets
If you are interested in online wholesaling, you should know the benefits and drawbacks of purchasing online. Here are some of them.
- Time-saving: Buying from an online wholesale market saves time and resources. It reduces the process of looking for a supplier, a warehouse to store goods, or an appropriate shipping agency. The best part is that you only need to pay for the products and handle the packaging and delivery.
- Massive supply: Online wholesale markets usually have warehouses. They can store multiple of the same products for purchase at a low cost. In turn, you can provide a large amount of the same product for purchase. You can rest assured that there will always be a consistent product supply.
- Inventory: Most online wholesale suppliers have warehouses. This means they can store your goods in their warehouses and ship them to your desired location. There is no pressure to find a place to keep products and other resources. You will need to keep the goods safe and undamaged.
- Competitive: Just as you can access many products online, other business owners can access the same products. Suppose a new product is introduced to the market. In that case, there is a probability that many business owners will be getting supplies simultaneously. If the price of your product is not suitable for a customer, they might likely find the product elsewhere.
- Quality Control: Poor product quality is always risky since you don’t have it physically. Some suppliers can be shifty and deliver goods that need to be in better condition. This means that you have to be careful with the supplier you trust. Especially since you want to avoid a waste of resources and a bad image, it is also advisable to assess a product sample before buying in bulk.
- Shipping: While some online wholesale companies deliver on time, some still need to. Sometimes products arrive later than expected or do not arrive at all. Some also need better follow-up when the goods are shipped. This means you have yet to learn where your products are or what to do if authorities hold them up.
Offline Wholesale Markets
Online wholesale markets can be convenient, but many people prefer shopping online for items to put on their stores. If you prefer the conventional methods of sourcing these items independently, this is you. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of physical wholesaling.
- Waiting time: Products in offline wholesale markets are readily available for purchase. You don’t have to wait for a period for products to be sourced. You can buy the number of items you desire and resell.
- Lower MOQS: Offline wholesale markets offer lower minimum order quantity (MOQ) for products being sold. You are not required to order large amounts of the same product.
- Higher profit margin: The production cost is lower, and products are way cheaper. This means that there is a possibility to gain more profit from purchasing products in bulk.
- Language: Since the suppliers are in China, many have no reason for international trade. This results in many sticking to the language they know. It may be challenging to purchase products when you do not speak Chinese. It’s best to get a translator and be sure the agent knows what they are doing. Please ensure you’re attentive so they order the product you wish to purchase.
- Poor Quality: The prices of products are sometimes too cheap, and it shows the quality of the product. However, it is not expected to get a high-end luxury product with low prices. Consider looking for an alternative if the products do not meet the standards of your business.
- Logistics: You may have to find a suitable warehouse to keep an inventory of purchased products. It would help to have a trusted shipment and packaging agency to deliver your products. That will incur many more expenses you might have yet to prepare for.
- Limited Payment: The problem with Chinese wholesale vendors is that they usually only accept payment in their local Renminbi currency. If you want to cooperate with them, please open an account that can be paid in RMB, or prepare cash.
How to Find Chinese Wholesale Suppliers?
There are two ways to find suitable suppliers for your business.
Traditional Search Methods
As we all know, finding the proper clothing manufacturer is crucial for your business. There are many ways to go about it, but one of the most efficient methods is using traditional methods. But what do I mean by conventional methods?
Well, traditional methods mean the old-fashioned way of actively looking for them yourself. There are many ways to do this, but the most common involves networking and interacting with people in your niche. And you know what they say, sometimes, old fashion is the best.
- It’s helpful to talk to people in a similar industry as you. Most probably already deal with Chinese suppliers for their businesses. They can give insight on how to know the suitable suppliers and reveal contacts of the ones they purchase from. Social media is available if you have not contacted people in the same industry. Join groups on various platforms that discuss your business concerns.
- Participating in trade fairs is a great way to find suitable suppliers. Many merchants are at trade fairs to sell products and gain new customers. So you get to see potential suppliers and their products. This way, you can directly examine samples of products they sell and network with them. The Canton trade fair is one of the largest and most popular among international buyers.
Online Search Methods
As a business owner, the internet is at your disposal. You can use the internet to map prospective suppliers and find more information about them.
- You can look up a supplier company’s name online and read some reviews that have been written about it. To read reviews, visit the e-commerce website where they are hosted.
- Keep in mind that some suppliers fake promote themselves through reviews. So it’s best to check if the supplier is verified on the platform. The e-commerce company confirms them after they review their supplier documents and licenses.
- You can check the licensing of the provider. Each Chinese supplier receives certification from the appropriate government agency. They are assigned a particular registration number, and legitimate vendors typically have them. You can get a copy of their license to confirm that the supplier is qualified to conduct business. The website of their government also allows you to prove it.
Using Third-Party Agents
The easiest way to source high-quality products is by using third-party agents. These sourcing agents look for suitable suppliers, eliminating all the stress you would’ve endured alone.
What exactly is Globalfulfill?
Globalfulfill is a fulfillment company that caters to small-scale and medium-scale businesses. We reduce your workload by sourcing and storing products, shipping, and delivering orders.
We fulfill your orders, ensuring that the products suit your needs and are of the highest quality. All while staying within your budget, of course!
We offer unique packaging that matches your business image if you need branded goods. In doing so, we help you achieve the aesthetic look of your brand.
We also keep orders from your supplier safe in our warehouse. These are secured till it’s ready to be delivered to a specified location. By doing so, we provide several delivery options at affordable costs.
Globalfulfill does everything you need to make business and transactions easier! We help you work out the nick and nacks of being a business owner at a reasonable price while you gain your profit in comfort.
3 Tips for Becoming a Potential Professional Customer
These are some tips on becoming a potential customer to a supplier you are interested in.
Don’t Exaggerate Your Business Too Much
- It would help if you didn’t overemphasize your business to your suppliers when building a relationship of trust. You have to be transparent and realistic with the information you provide. This is especially true if you want to build a solid foundation of trust for your partnership.
- Try to be realistic when describing your business capabilities. The supplier might lose interest if they discover you can not meet up to their expectations. It is better to explain your business expectations and limits and let the supplier evaluate how to meet your needs.
- Exaggerating your business’ success story might convince the supplier to work with you. You must meet their expectations or goals to make them confident in maintaining a business relationship.
- Exaggerating your business might also damage your professional image within your niche. If other wholesalers and suppliers find out you have lied, they might not want to work with you. Building a picture of honesty and integrity in your business niche is essential.
- Be open about things you have achieved, strengths, and capabilities of your business. Remain transparent in areas that you are still developing. Suppliers will understand your concerns and do their best to satisfy your demands.
Tell Suppliers Who You Are
- When meeting new suppliers, you must present who you are and what your business stands for. Suppliers want to work with customers that align with their values and meet their target market.
- Please describe your business, how you started it and what you attend to achieve, and the values you uphold. Explain the products and services you offer and establish your target audience.
- Highlight your achievements, experiences, and unique qualifications. Remember not to sugarcoat too much and overstate what you have achieved.
- State your long-term and short-term goals. Explain how you think the supplying company can help you achieve these goals. They may provide feedback if their organization is aligned with these objectives.
- Tell them about the previous history with other suppliers, if you have any. This helps to instill trust and credibility in your business in the supplier. Especially if they know you have worked with other wholesalers in their industry.
- Communicate your specific demands to the supplier. Tell them what you want in a supplier— product quality standards, delivery expectations, and pricing. Communicating effectively can lead to more cohesive partnerships.
Don’t Always Pursue Low Prices Blindly
- It is important not to follow the low prices of goods when wholesaling in a China market. Some products do not have the quality you desire, and you don’t want to purchase the bulk of the wrong products.
- The quality of cheap products could be better. So try to avoid purchasing from the cheapest supplier, as there’s often a reason they’re cheap. Poor-quality products will harm your business image and your customer audience.
- Suppliers with low prices may need better customer service. In addition, they may need better delivery and have the identical product up for purchase again. It’s essential to check reviews on the supplier and their pricing.
- Some suppliers offer additional services like customization and delivery options. So you must know you can’t get low-cost branded items. Although they usually increase the product’s price, it’s worth the extra cost.
- Instead of price, focus on the total value of services the supplier is offering you. Strike a balance between the weight and cost of products. This will help you build lasting relationships with suppliers that contribute to the growth of the business. Investing in a good supplier rather than buying cheap products can save you time.
In conclusion, finding China wholesalers to buy from might take a lot of work. However, with this list of top wholesalers, there are many options. And you can find a wide variety of suppliers even faster by working with a third-party agent.
It’s essential to remember the tips on becoming a reliable supplier customer. It will help you create the right alliances and a positive reputation for your company.