Dropshipping from your phone can be a convenient and profitable way to do business. If you’re new to dropshipping, here’s a quick guide to help get you started.
Step 1: Choose a Supplier
The first step in dropshipping is to choose a reliable supplier. There are many wholesale dropshipping companies out there, but it pays to do your research to make sure you’re getting the best prices and quality products.
Sourcing, quality control, warehousing, and shipping are certainly the main concerns of every e-commerce seller. In this case, you can work with a professional dropshipping and fulfillment agent that meets your needs.
Step 2: Set up an Online Store
Once you’ve chosen your supplier, you’ll need to set up a shop to list the products you want to dropship. This can be done through a platform like Shopify or WooCommerce or you can use an app like Oberlo so you can manage your store directly from your phone.
Step 3: List Your Products
Once your store is set up, you’ll be able to start listing your products. There are lots of helpful guides on how to effectively market and list your products, such as creating attractive product images, descriptions and pricing.
Step 4: Process Orders
Once you receive an order from a customer, you’ll need to process it and ship it to the customer. From your phone, you can do this easily with apps like Oberlo, which will allow you to quickly and easily process orders and ship them directly to your customers.
Step 5: Promote Your Store
Once you have your store set up and your products listed, you’ll need to start promoting your store. You can do this through social media, advertising, email marketing and more.
Dropshipping can be a great way to make money and offer your customers an affordable and convenient way to purchase goods. With the right tools, it’s easy to start your dropshipping business right from the convenience of your phone.
What are the drawbacks of automated dropshipping?
- Limited control over product quality: Automated dropshipping does not give you complete control over the quality of the product being sold. You are relying on the supplier to deliver quality products that meet your expectations, so if the product is faulty or substandard you have no control over it.
- Prone to errors: Dropshipping requires accurate and timely management of orders and inventory, and automated dropshipping software and tools can lead to errors. Without proper maintenance of the software, errors such as duplicate orders or incorrect shipping times can occur.
- Low profit margins: Dropshipping carries notoriously low profit margins, whereas automated dropshipping can even lower them. Automated dropshipping requires payment for monthly software fees, which can further reduce the business’s profit margins.
- Depends on suppliers: Your success as a dropshipper will also depend heavily on your supplier. Dropshipping relies on reliable suppliers that can deliver quality products promptly. If the supplier does not perform up to standard, your business will suffer.
What are the advantages of automated dropshipping?
- Reduced Costs: Automated dropshipping eliminates most of the overhead costs associated with traditional dropshipping by eliminating manual processes such as paperwork, warehousing and storage, and inventory management.
- Quicker Setup: Automated dropshipping requires much less setup time than traditional dropshipping and can be up and running in a matter of days or even hours depending on the complexity of the system.
- Reduced Risk: Automated dropshipping offers a lower risk than traditional dropshipping since you don’t need to keep large amounts of inventory on hand or manage complicated logistics.
- Increased Efficiency: Automated dropshipping takes care of many of the manual tasks associated with traditional dropshipping such as order processing, managing supplier relationships and customer service. By automating these tasks, you can save time and increase efficiency.
- Improved Accuracy: Automated dropshipping ensures that orders are accurate and delivered on time. This can help you to build customer loyalty and trust in your service.
- Easier Scalability: Automated dropshipping allows you to scale up quickly without having to invest heavily in upfront costs such as warehousing and inventory management. With automated dropshipping you can quickly adjust to increases in demand.